Our digital media partner, OverDrive, has made digital magazines available for download. The current collection of 25 popular magazine titles [View here] can be borrowed without counting against the 3 title borrowing limit for eBooks and eAudios. The digital magazines can be read on a computer or tablet browser or within the Libby reading app on a mobile device.
Things to know:
- Borrowed magazines do not count against the 3 title limit for borrowed eBooks and eAudios.
- There are no limits to the number of magazine titles that can be simultaneously borrowed.
- The loan period is 2 weeks, but magazines can be re-borrowed.
- Back issues will also be available for borrowing.
- A tablet or mobile device with a large screen offers a better reading experience.
- When reading magazines, you can use a pinch-to-zoom gesture to zoom in or out.
- Tap/click in the center of the screen to bring up the controls.
- Tap/click on Zoom in the upper-right corner.
- Pinch-out on a device or click the plus symbol to zoom further in on the text.
OverDrive is developing a text-only version of magazine articles, and users will be notified of the launch of this new feature. In the interim the optimal reading experience is to be found in the Libby app or via a computer or tablet browser. You can view the current selection of the 25 magazine titles available on OverDrive here.