The PC Interest Group meets for monthly (2nd Wednesday) to discuss relevant and timely computing topics brought before the group. We welcome participation, experiences and questions from all who are interested. Discussions include "how-to" sessions about computing hardware, software/applications and operating systems. Free and open to the public! This month's agenda...
- Q&A - What's on your mind? | Round table discussion
- Homegroup alternatives...
- What happened to Windows Homegroup?
- “We are removing HomeGroup but not your ability to share printers, files, and folders. When you update to Windows 10, version 1803, you won't see HomeGroup in File Explorer, the Control Panel, or Troubleshoot (Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot). Any printers, files, and folders that you shared using HomeGroup will continue to be shared. Instead of using HomeGroup, you can now share printers, files and folders by using features that are built into Windows 10: Share your network printer | Share files in File Explorer.”
- Alternatives to remote access to PC > Drive.google.com/file/d/1sV3KdKlsRO0NG23FFtESEaYfORmnW0Nf/view?usp=sharing
- Windows 10 update news
- Password Management (tabled for next meeting)