The Hooksett Public Library is at the very heart of this community. Our staff of six full time and nine part time employees are dedicated to serving our patrons and providing the town’s people with a variety of programs, materials, resources, and opportunities. We constantly strive to reach excellence in customer service and to develop innovative approaches to areas like early literacy and technological literacy. The library and its employees are consistently recognized by the town leadership and residents for their hard work to make Hooksett a great place to live and work.
Hooksett is a member of the GMILCS consortium which provides direct access to 1.2 million items. Membership in the consortium creates a breadth of opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in other libraries within the consortium.
Adult Services Librarian (Full-time) | See Attachments for Job Description
The Hooksett Library seeks an innovative, motivated and articulate individual with a community focus and commitment to customer service. Exceptional interpersonal skills, technological proficiency, and writing skills are required.
The Adult Services Librarian’s responsibilities are focused on marketing and publicity for the Library, program planning, collection development and readers advisory. Additional areas of focus include management and promotion of the library’s online resources, providing technology support in an instructional setting and one-on-one with patrons, outreach to community organizations, and assisting with 3D printing and other technology initiatives.
Considerable professional experience including materials selection, reference and reader's advisory, planning and producing programs, public relations and marketing is required. At least three years of progressive professional library experience is preferred. An MLS degree from an ALA-accredited library school is preferred or a comparable combination of related education and experience will be considered.
Beginning salary $50,149. Excellent benefits package. Full job description and benefits package available at www.hooksettlibrary.org
Library Assistant: Patron Services (Part-time) | See Attachments for Job Description
The Hooksett Library is looking for an enthusiastic and customer service-oriented team member who is adaptable to changing priorities and focused on seeking proactive customer-focused solutions. This position requires active multi-tasking and strong attention to detail.
Regular position responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Helping patrons locate library materials
- Assisting patrons with digital media
- Checking in/out library materials
- Registering new patrons
- Collection maintenance reports and tasks
- Assist with interlibrary loan
- Managing unique library collections
- … and so much more!
Schedule is a combination of days, 1 to 2 evenings per week and rotating Saturdays. Starting wage is $17.70/hour.
Library Assistant: Technical Services (Part-time) | See Attachments for Job Description
Seeking a detail-oriented individual to assist the Technical Services Librarian with collection maintenance tasks through cataloging, processing and related tasks. A highlighted selection of the tasks are outlined below:
Assists Technical Services Librarian with collection maintenance including:
- Identifying and correcting errors in item records and processing (e.g. spine label editing and replacement)
- Evaluating materials marked for replacement and replacing worn/damaged items
- Processing new materials purchased by the library, including book covering and kit preparation
- Receiving and processing new magazines on a monthly basis
- Cleaning and repairing DVD, music, videogames and audiobook discs when needed
- Creating replacement cover art for media as needed
- Updating PAC carousel record sets with new materials from automated new materials report on a weekly basis
- Curating collection carousels for Overdrive Advantage eBooks & eAudiobooks
- Creating and maintaining linked data lists and mixes for use on library website and social media as requested
- Conducting inventory of collections and record cleanup following the inventory schedule
- Withdrawing items marked for deselection
Approximately fifteen hours / week, flexibility in scheduling. Starting wage is $17.70/hour.
Library Assistant: Youth Services (Part-time) | See Attachments for Job Description
Seeking an enthusiastic and warm person who enjoys children and young adults, values relationships with them and their families, has a broad knowledge of children’s and young adult literature, and thrives on inventing innovative programming.
Three to five years of experience in children’s library services in a public library is prefered. Early literacy knowledge is a must. An ideal candidate will have the capability to work with a minimum of supervision and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Tasks and responsibilities include assisting the Youth Services Librarian with a variety of tasks, creating and running storytimes and programs, facilitating the library’s FIRST Lego League programs, assisting with community outreach programming and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications: Three to five years of experience in children’s library services in a public library is preferable. Early literacy knowledge is a must. An ideal candidate will have the capability to work with a minimum of supervision and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
Part-time hours of 12-15 hours a week with days, evenings and rotating Saturdays. Starting wage is $17.70/hour.
Candidates interested in a combination of Patron, Technical or Youth Services are welcome to apply and indicate the preference to maintain a part-time position up to 29 hours per week with the combined positions.
To apply, please submit resume and letter of interest to:
- Heather Rainier, Library Director
- Hooksett Library, 31 Mt. St. Mary’s Way
- firstname.lastname@example.org (603) 485-6092
Review of applications will take place beginning September 27, 2021. Positions open until filled. EOE